Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bem-vindo

I am very excited to write my first post in this brand new Blog.

I just came home a couple of days ago from a lovely 3-days-trip in Paraty in the state of Rio de Janeiro (Brasil). I was deeply impressed by the look and atmosphere in this historic city. The houses are all white painted, but the window and door phrames are all in different colors. It's actually quiet hard to walk over the so called streets, because they are made out of large stones, which were put by the slaves.


A rustical ride through the historic center of Paraty


What popped immediatly into my eyes, were the many lovely souvenir shops. From hammocks to stools, from earrings to little wooden boats, Paraty offers a huge variety on hand craftet goods.

One of many souvenir stores in Paraty (I adore the bird chain!)


One thing I immediatly fell in love with was a ringholder in the shape of a cat. You could find them in many different colors, each one of them hand painted. It's also a great way to decorate a boring furniture and present your favourite rings.

My new catshaped ringholder, lovely isn't it?

As you can see, Paraty is a MUST to visit, especially if you have a passion for unique and individual hand crafted goods.

I hope you enjoyed my short report about Paraty and will continue reading my following Blogs.

Beijos!

Yours,
Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Oi Vanessa!
    Adorei seu blog. I wanted to go to Paraty this week after seeing your photos.
    Keep posting!
    Beijos,
    Joana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sucha cute post!

    Keep bring this lovely work of yours.

    Your biggest admirer...

    ReplyDelete